What a Buyer’s Agent Can Do For You
Did you know that the real estate agent who advertises a property, shows the property to a buyer, helps the buyer make decisions, and prepares the purchase offer doesn’t necessarily have the buyer’s best interests in mind? that’s right, the helpful agent might be the exclusive agent of the seller with agency duties to get the best deal possible for the seller with no agency duties whatsoever to the buyer.
As a buyer, you can protect yourself by having buyer’s agent where your interests, not the seller’s interests, are the paramount importance.
Having your own agent has the following advantages:
- Your time is not wasted by agents showing you unsuitable property to impress owners with the agents’ activity or who want to push their own listings, which will mean more dollars for the agent rather than working for what is the best for you.
- Your agent will work with you so that you are prequalified for a loan and know purchase limits.
- You are not going to be limited to properties listed for sale by agents. you will be exposed to properties that may be in probate or foreclosure, properties owned by lenders, and even properties for sale by owners.
- Your agent will analyze properties based on your needs and provide value estimate based on the market.
- Your agent will recommend properties to be considered and what should be offered and prepare the offer with your interests in mind.
- Your own agent will make certain you fully understand all aspects of a purchase contract before it is signed.
- Negative aspects of a property will be evaluated, and your agent will make certain that your offer is subject to a professional property inspection.
- Your agent will recommend the type of loan that best meets your needs and will work with you in locating the most advantageous loan terms.
- Your agent will be in contact with the lender, the seller, and the closing agent to avoid any problems during the closing process.
What Does It Cost to Have Your Own Buyer’s Agent?
In most cases, the fee paid to your agent will be entirely paid by the seller rather than taken from your pocket.
I am proud to be a buyer’s agent. To find out more about me and my representation services, please visit www.facebook.com/alexleerealtor